A printable version of this document is available here.
Matcha is an incredibly versatile green tea that has an unlimited number of uses. Matcha continues to be our best selling product and is being used in a multitude of ways. We want to know what you are doing with it all. Are you making healthy smoothies, decadent desserts or other creative dishes? You are invited to enter your favorite Matcha recipe in our It's so good to be Green recipe contest.
To participate send us your best original recipe in one of these four categories. Only one entry per person per category will be allowed.
- Main dishes
- Soups and Sides
One winner from each of the four categories will be awarded $75 each. A fifth overall grand prize winner will win $100.
We suggest that all recipes be created or at least tested using Culinary Teas brand Matcha. All recipes will be tested in our test kitchens using the Culinary Teas Matcha and the end product will be more reliable if created using the same product.
Official Rules ~ No Purchase Necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
1. Eligibility: This contest is open only to amateur, non-professional cooks who are legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, members, representatives and their immediate family members of Culinary Teas LLC are ineligible to participate.
2. Guidelines: The recipe must be original, utilize Matcha green tea powder and include complete instructions for preparation, readily available ingredients, specific standard measures [e.g.1 can (14 oz.)] and the suggested number of servings. Ingredients must be listed in order of their use. Entries that do not follow these guidelines will be disqualified.
3. Originality: Recipes that are an original creation of another person will be disqualified. Recipes that have been previously published may not be altered and submitted for entry. No reproductions of copyrighted recipes will be accepted.
4. Contest Period: The contest period is from May 14, 2007 thru September 1, 2007. Mail-in must be postmarked by September 1 and received by September 10. Emailed entries must be received by Midnight September 1.
5. How to Enter: Entrants may only enter one recipe per category and must be submitted one recipe per email or paper entry. Send your recipe for consideration to the It's so good to be Green recipe contest email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Matcha Recipe Contest, % Culinary Teas LLC, 416 S Huntington St., Syracuse, IN 46567.
Entries must contain your full name, mailing address, telephone number or it will be eliminated from consideration. Proof of mailing or emailing does not constitute proof of delivery. Entries will not be accepted via fax.
6. Winner Selection: It is recommended to fully test the entry before submission. Entries that are incomplete or inaccurate will be eliminated from consideration. Prize winners will be determined based on overall flavor, visual appeal and creativity.
Finalists' recipes will be prepared by staff at Culinary Teas LLC and judged by a panel of tea professionals whose decisions are final. The judging is not open to entrants or the public. Culinary Teas LLC will attempt to notify all potential winners by phone or mail by October 31, 2007.
7. Prizes: One overall Grand Prize winners will be awarded $100. The grand prize winning recipe may come from any of the four categories. One additional winner from each of the four categories will be awarded $75 each. Category winners will not be allowed to also win an honorable mention in the same category. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions will be allowed.
8. General: Culinary Teas LLC is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, misdirected or postage due mail. All entries become the property of Culinary Teas LLC. Entry constitutes permission to use the name and/or likeness of winner in any manner and to reproduce the recipe in published form. All federal, state, and local taxes on prizes are the responsibility of the winner.
9. Winners List: Winners and their recipes will be posted on the Culinary Teas LLC Web site in the recipe section and featured in an upcoming recipe book.
Please do not contact these groups for information regarding receipt of entries or announcements of winners.
Recipe Category (check box)
□ Main Dish
□ Soup and Side Dish
I have read and accept the terms of the contest rules. I hereby agree to abide by all rules and protocols listed for the It's so good to be Green Matcha Recipe Contest, and further state that all information provided above is accurate. I have read and understood the contest rules, prize list and disclaimer and agree to comply with all rules.
Signature _____________________________ Date _________________
Print Name __________________________________
Save 10% off
Email us or call
61 Cudworth Lane
Sudbury, MA 01776